Sunday, August 15, 2010

My First Business Trip After Winston's Birth

I just arrived in Boston for business – the first time I have taken a business trip out of town since Winston’s birth. This morning I woke up at 1:30 am thinking about what else I needed to tell Michael and the nanny regarding Winston’s schedule and habits. Usually in the darkest time of the night, I get really worried. I did not doze off until a few hours later, and then Winston woke up. The flight from San Francisco to Boston was supposed to be 6 hours long so I thought that I was going to catch up on my sleep on the plane. But no – I was completely wired the whole time, not reading or writing on my computer, but just constantly thinking about all sorts of things, mostly to prevent my mind from drifting to Winston’s cherubic face, as that would bring me to almost tears.

I now understand what it means to feel a “heartache” - he is so dear to me that I cannot even bear to think about him when I am so far away from him...

No comments: