Tuesday, December 6, 2011

40 Under 40

Today I noticed that Michael's sister's husband has been selected as one of the "40 under 40" in the silicon valley - the up and coming rising stars across industries and disciplines - http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2011/11/30/40-under-40-kevin-zwick.html. I just think that is so utterly cool. His line of work is very much foreign to me, but still, it sounds fantastic.

I remember that back in 2002 when I first joined Syrrx, the founder Nathaniel David had just been selected as one of the TR 100 - the top 100 innovators in 2002 under the age of 35 by MIT Technology Review. As an MIT alum, I automatically get Technology Review. They have since changed it to TR 35, presumably because they don't think they want to extend the honor to 100 people instead of just 35. You know that you are a nerd if you recognize more people on TR 35 than "40 under 40".

Right now, I am just lamenting that I have lost the chance to be on anyone of those lists since I have already turned 40 this year. So much for lack of opportunity to showcase my vanity, of which I have plenty.

But presumably, now I am no longer considered young and inexperienced!

No comments: