Sunday, February 19, 2012

Good-bye, Paul Bettany!

I can't stand the actor Paul Bettany - that much is clear to me. He has become another actor whom I simply cannot bear to see at all, aside from Nicholas Cage. It is interesting how one develops these strong feelings that seem to have no rational reasons. After all, there are much worse actors than these two, and much worse-looking ones too. Somehow I have such strong aversion to them that I swear never to see another movie with Paul Bettany in it, just as I have not seen a movie with Nicholas Cage for the past 10 years!

The last draw is the movie "Creation". Paul Bettany plays Charles Darwin. I feel that I should really be sympathetic to his character, but I just could not shake off the feeling that it was Paul Bettany who was acting agonized as opposed to Charles Darwin in mourning for his beloved daughter. I also rather hated him in "The Da Vinci Code" and "A Beautiful Mind". Oh, I did see that horrible movie "The Tourist" which turned out to be a clumsy remake of the French movie "Anthony Zimmer" as well. It does not matter where I saw Paul Bettany, he was always annoying.

From now on, I will not see another film with him in it. He has joined Nicholas Cage officially.

No comments: