Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Winston Got Sick Again!

Winston got sick again! Maybe he was healthy for about 5 days after he recovered from the last cold. I could not believe my own eyes when I saw him with a runny nose. Because of the stuffy nose, he did not sleep much during his nap and went to sleep at 7:30 pm. Then around 9:30 pm he suddenly got up from his crib, started coughing, and when I opened the door, I saw him holding onto the crib railing throwing up his dinner. Throughout all this, he hardly cried. I felt so sorry for him. He’s still just a baby.

After we cleaned up his crib, I put him down and he immediately closed his eyes and went back to sleep. He was so exhausted. I told a friend of mine about it, and she said that she really felt for me. She has 3 boys, and with each one of them having to build up an immune system, I imagine that the mother must by necessity develop a heroic personality. I guess I ought not to complain about my own suffering seeing my son sick with a cold.

If a toddler gets sick 12 times on average every year, does it mean that I have another 10 to look forward to until September 2011?

No comments: