Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hiking

It was a beautiful day yesterday. After many days of raining, the hills have finally turned green. My friend David and I decided to go hiking at Foothills Park with his dog Hoku. While I have remained terrified of cats (yes I know it sounds ridiculous), I am not afraid of dogs - well, at least not David's dog.

Walking up and down the hills and looking at the scenery, I could not help thinking that perhaps the chance to do some hiking in the middle of the day with a friend who can do the same is something worth treasuring. We the drove all the way up Skyline Boulevard to have lunch at Alice's Restaurant - a cool place right in the heart of the redwood forest. The food was generic - I had breakfast food (eggs, french toast and bacon) and David ordered some ribs so that Hoku could have a treat as well. Still, eating on the patio of Alice's Restaurant, breathing in the fresh mountain air, while appreciating the scenery, I felt true bliss.

When Winston grows up, I hope that he will enjoy nature and hiking on those nature trails.

No comments: