Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Ideal Company

A friend of mine called me today and asked me if I wanted to go see the movie “Iron Man” tomorrow with her. “How do you have time on a week day to watch a movie?” I asked.

“It’s organized by the company, since we each get two tickets, and my husband will not be able to make it.”

Oh yes, of course. This is not just any company. This is the company where people love to stay on campus and work long hours; this is the company where the free and all-you-can-eat cafeterias serve better food than most sit-down restaurants; this is the company where every need of employees has been anticipated and considered; this is the company whose campus itself is a display of inspiration for innovation and creativity; this is the company which has inspired many to embark on new ventures.

This is Google.

No comments: