Monday, January 31, 2011

Nursery School

I recall laughing when a former colleague of mine told me that his wife researched dozens of nursery schools and putting in deposits for at least half a dozen. Well, I am not doing that, but I can certainly understand the sentiment now.

Perhaps I am not doing all this research because I have a bias that those highly rated schools must be pretty good, and that Stanford University should have decent nursery schools. As a result, we had Winston on the waiting list of Madera Grove only and I told others that we would be sending him to International School of the Peninsula after he turns 3 years old (that is, if he gets in!). But now that he's fast approaching the age of 2, and I still don't know whether he will get a spot at Madera Grove, I have decided to put in an application for Bing Nursery School as well. For two-year-olds at Bing Nursery School, they can only attend 3 mornings a week at maximum, and must be accompanied by a parent or nanny until the kid is absolutely ready - i.e. no crying upon separation. I guess this is the most "white-gloved" approach to a kid. Plus it requires one to have a full-time nanny even after a kid starts attending school.

I guess I would have laughed at today's me, in addition to my colleague's wife...

No comments: