Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beautiful Days

The weather has been so nice lately. On the drive on HWY 280, I cannot help but admire the rolling green hills. At times like this, I do understand why it is so expensive to live in this area.

Since Winston started daycare, my mom has more time in the day. She will go back to Beijing at the end of this month, and therefore I am trying to take her to various places for sightseeing and for meals. She is not exactly too adventurous when it comes to foreign cuisines, but she likes Italian and Korean food.

Yesterday we walked from home to the Stanford Dish, and we both enjoyed the panoramic view from the top of the hill. Today we are going to get Korean food. Sometimes when I wake up before dawn because Winston made some noises, I would suddenly have all the fears in my life rush into my brain at the same time, one of which would be about my mom. She is getting old, with lower energy level, less physical and mental capacity overall. One of my fears would be the tremendous guilt I would feel after my mother's death, to think that I have not done enough for her, and to recall the times when I could have made her really happy with just a little more effort.

Is it possible to live a life without any regret or guilt?

No comments: