Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Blues

My mom left to go back to Beijing this morning. The sky is gray outside, and it is rainy, windy and chilly. Or maybe the weather is not really that bad, but it just feels so to me.

The two months went by so quickly from the day my mom arrived. At the beginning I was concentrating on getting her familiarized with everything, and getting ready for my business trip. Once I came back, Winston was suffering from a bad cold and it took a whole week for him to recover. Then he had his two weeks of daycare, followed by another two weeks of illness. We took a 3-day trip to Seattle during Michael's conference, and it was utterly exhausting for everyone - maybe with the exception of Winston.

So two months went by quickly, and I don't have any sense of accomplishment over the two months. I am still questioning the wisdom of sending Winston to daycare at such an early age. I am still wondering if I should keep sending him to this place until the end of June, when I will be switching him to another place. The work front is moving slowly, which is frustrating. I still have to find domestic help and I never doing that. All in all, it's as if the past two months went by without serving the purpose of transitioning Winston to daycare where he can learn things that he otherwise cannot easily learn at home. My planning was obviously highly flawed.

Looking out of the window, I am feeling the blues.

No comments: