Saturday, December 18, 2010

"End of the Year" Resolutions

Most people make New Year’s resolutions. I did a few of those too, but always ended up forgetting what they were in the middle of the year. I should have posted them so that I could always be reminded – but perhaps some of them were not meant for the public eye.

Now that we are approaching the end of the year, I realize that I should make some “End of the Year” resolutions, as surely I will not be so forgetful as to forget about them within the next 2 weeks!

No.1 is that I should make sure that I will have written as many blogs in 2010 as I did in 2009 –which means that I had better hurry up so that I will have 60 blogs in the end. In itself it really is a silly goal, as most of my writing is about nothing. But somehow that would make me feel good and "accomplished"...

No. 2 is that I should actually do those things that I dislike doing but have been talking about doing for a while – such as dealing with those unopened boxes in the garage that otherwise will remain there for the rest of my life, such as filing complaint and small claims against that absolutely unprofessional and cheating agent I hired...

No. 3 is that I should try not to get irritated over small things. Now if this were a New Year’s resolution, I would likely break it like those who decided to steer clear of junk food but found themselves eating ice-cream within a month of making the resolution. But I only have 2 weeks to go for this one, so I am highly confident that I can make it, which would make me feel so good about meeting my goal!

Isn’t it much more gratifying to make “End of the Year” Resolutions than New Year’s Resolutions?

No comments: