Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winston's Last Cold (Hopefully) in 2010

After 3 parties over the weekend, Winston came down with his last cold in 2010 – hopefully! I was certainly getting too complacent, seeing him healthy for over a month. His nose is now running like river, and it gets congested when he’s sleeping that he would wake up crying. My poor little darling boy... Is he going to have a runny nose for Christmas?

In the end, he has caught on average one cold a month since September. I was secretly hoping to beat the odds, but alas it was not to be the case.

Now he’s sound asleep in his room. Looking at the screen of my computer (we call the infrared camera installed on his crib “WinstonCam”), I can’t help but smile a little bit at his pudgy cheeks. He’s so cute and adorable. Earlier in the day when we took him to Stanford Shopping Center, he was having so much fun playing in Pottery Barn Kids, which is understandable, and then Louis Vuitton, which is not. After I finished making a phone call on my cell, I noticed that he and the nanny were still in the Louis Vuitton store. I said to Winston, “alright, there is nothing here for you. Plus you cannot afford to buy anything here.” The nanny then answered on his behalf, “well, we would like to check it out just in case there is need to buy one for the future girlfriend or wife.”

I still cannot imagine Winston having a girlfriend with that runny nose and those protruding cheeks.

No comments: