Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It Has Been Raining the Whole Day...

It has been raining the whole day. For sunny Palo Alto, it is rather rare. As I look out of the window of my office and listen to the rain drops falling on the roof, I cannot but feel a bit melancholy. Really I cannot imagine how the Scandinavians survive half of the year!

Apparently some scientists have found that there is some correlation between being born in the bleak winter months and having a higher chance of mood disorders - http://www.biospace.com/news_story.aspx?NewsEntityId=204317&Source=YesterdaysMostPopular.

In that case, I certainly have no excuses. I was born in the heat of the summer, but I do find my mood affected by the weather. I actually like falling asleep listening to the raindrops, as it is so soothing. But when I am awake, I want beautiful sunshine.

Well, I hope that this latest study has some merit. Winston was a June baby...

No comments: