Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

It is really the last day of 2010 now. I made an “end of year resolution” and how did I do?

No. 1 - I have written more blogs than 2009. Check.

No. 2 – I have filed the lawsuit, which was a cumbersome and annoying process. Ironic that this unpleasant matter could somehow give me a sense of accomplishment. Everyone who has heard my story about this real estate agency has been horrified to learn such people exist. I also filed a complaint with the San Diego Association of Realtors. So check this item as well.

No.3 – I have done fairly well, I think. I lost my temper once, but generally I have focused on things that do matter.

So my “End of the Year Resolutions” worked!

Now can I say a happy goodbye to 2010 then? What major events have happened in 2010?

1) My company was acquired in early 2010, with most people considering it a success, although it fell short of my expectation.
2) Winston turned 1 year old, with a great birthday party hosted by David. And he's looking healthy, happy and strong.
3) We moved into our nice and sunny house near Stanford.
4) I am starting a new company.

They all sound pretty good, but the following happened as well:
1) The nanny who started in November 2009 left all of a sudden in June, which led poor Winston to go through my parents-in-law, my mother, and another 3 nannies in a matter of 2 months.
2) I went through 2 months of househunting in the peninsula area, which was tiresome – that was before we got the Stanford house eventually.
3) My attempt to start a new company right after the first one did not take off immediately, and I was feeling down for a while.
4) The stress associated with two demanding careers and being new parents to a baby boy that seems too perfect to be true have led to a lot of arguments between me and Michael.

Overall, I have come to understand and appreciate what the writer/architect Lin Huiyin famously said, “Life is all about experiencing all kinds of things. We live to experience and feel."In that case, I feel content about 2010.

Right now, as I am writing a farewell note to the year 2010, Winston is fast asleep in his crib for his afternoon nap. He looks like an angel. He is an angel.

No comments: